What are the most common interview questions asked?
There are simply a million and one questions that you may be asked; from the deadly serious to the utterly daft, no two companies are the same in their approach to interviewing candidates. In a more traditional setting you can probably expect some common interview questions to raise their head so it is generally a good idea to think about some suitable answers before you go to ensure you can give them an answer.
Common Interview Questions
- Tell me about your work experience to date?
- Tell me about yourself?
- What did you do in the role which was beneficial to the company?
- What tasks did you excel in?
- Why did you leave the job/want to leave your current position?
- What are your personal strengths? (You may be asked for examples)
- What are your weaknesses? (You may be asked to explain how you overcome them)
- What are your key skills?
- What has been your greatest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
- What are your career goals?
- What could you bring to this role, which will make you the ideal candidate?
- Why should we hire you over the other candidates?
- How are you different from the competition?
- Describe a situation where you have led a team well.
- Describe a situation where you have worked well within a team.
- Why do you want to work here?
- What would you do if… XYZ… happened?
- Describe a situation in which you dealt with confrontation.
- Describe a situation where you have influenced or motivated people.
- Describe a situation where you effectively solved a problem.
- Describe a situation where you applied initiative and what was the outcome?
- Describe a situation where you have had to plan or organise something?
- Describe a situation where you have had to make a difficult decision.
- Describe your typical work week.
- How would you adjust to working for a new company?
- What motivates you?
- Describe a time when your workload was heavy and how you handled it.
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What do you know about our organisation?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Of course, this list of interview questions only scratches the surface but by preparing for even a few of them, you are in a better position to wow the interview panel and take one step nearer to securing the job.
CV, COVER LETTER AND LINKED IN PROFILE WRITING SERVICES
We offer a full range of CV, letter and Linkedin profile writing services, click buy now to visit our shop.