Linkedin is HUGE so if you’re not already on there, you should be, using Linkedin for job searching can be a really useful tool. However, having a basic and poorly populated profile will not do you any favours so it’s essential that you have a smart, professional and informative profile which accurately reflects your career history and sells your main skills.
Building an effective Linkedin network is essential to optimise your chances so use it wisely to sell your credentials, build a strong network and create a solid online reputations.
Here are a few top tips to help you use Linkedin for Job Searching
1. Upload a recent, business-like head and shoulder photograph, taken against a plain background
2. Write an attention-grabbing personal headline, including your positions and specialist services/skills
3. Include your location and some form of contact information
4. Populate your profile to reflect your CV using bullet point statements
5. Make use of available apps; include news, presentations, documents, videos, tweets, etc
6. Get noticed by being active and sharing regular updates
7. Ask for and give recommendations and endorsements
8. Use the job search function
9. Join and participate in discussion groups, demonstrate your knowledge of your sector
10. Take advantage of the connection network you’ve built, which will filter to their networks to maximise reachtes Ask for and give recommendations and endorsements
Bonus tip! Use the job search function Join and participate in discussion groups, demonstrate your knowledge of your sector Take advantage of the connection network you’ve built, which will filter to their networks to maximise reach.
If you really want to impress, then why not avail of our Linkedin Profile Writing Service, click here to find out more.
Order your Linkedin in profile update and optimisation package below: