10 Top Tips – Writing a Personal Statement or Statement of Suitability for a Job Application
Let me guess, before you is a job application form and you’re writing a personal statement, or you’re trying to write a personal statement but you don’t know what to write or what a statement of suitability should contain?
Writing a personal statement or statement of suitability is not easy, so you’re not alone. Most people end up on this page because they are stuck, need guidance or just plain reassurance that they are writing a personal statement right! In the main, most people find application forms totally daunting and none more so than those applications which insist on candidates writing a personal statement.
In simple terms, the idea of writing a personal statement is to consolidate all your key skills, experience, academic success and attributes in to a concise statement that positively demonstrates the full scope of your competence, reinforces your suitability for the post and also highlight why YOU are the best candidate for the job. I know, you’re probably thinking easier said than done!
So, here are my 10 top tips for writing a personal statement section for your job application.
10 Top Tips for Writing a Personal Statement for your Job Application
- Outline your reasons for applying for the position and your suitability for it – show passion and enthusiasm and that you meet all essential competences for the role
- Convey what skills and experience you can bring to the job and how they meet the requirements of the job and person specifications to benefit the employer
- Demonstrate an understanding for the role being advertised and your passion for it
- Outline your work history, drawing attention to any particular achievements and/or responsibilities
- Give brief examples to reinforce your claims
- Highlight relevant qualifications or education, together with any transferable skills and where relevant, how these skills have can be applied to the position you are applying for
- Summarise the above, indicating why you would be the best candidate for this opportunity
- Give a clear ‘call to action’, such as welcoming an invitation to interview
- Keep the text concise and try to avoid starting too many sentences with ‘I’ or ‘My’
- Try to write positively and creatively for better flow and to make the text more interesting to read
Personal Statement Writing Service
Would you think I’m completely bonkers if I told you I love completing application forms and writing personal statements in particular? The notion of being able to write creatively and put a positive spin on a candidate’s academic and career history really appeals to me. I find it a great challenge to be able to match a person’s experience to the job and person specification.
If you are looking for more help writing a personal statement, then I can write your personal statement / statement of suitability for you! All you need to do is place an order today and send me all the relevant documents.
Place Your Order Here
700 Word (1 A4 page) Personal Statement – £79.99
What I Need From You!
* The job and person specification
* A copy of your current CV
* A copy of any attempt you have made to write the personal statement